CANVASSING BOARD AND L&A SCHEDULE
CITY OF PORT ST. LUCIE SPECIAL ELECTION, SEPTEMBER 21, 2021
Canvassing Board Members and Alternates
- James Stokes, City Attorney
- Melany Crawford, Alternate for City Attorney
- Sally Walsh, City Clerk
- Bryan Pankhurst, Alternate for City Clerk
- Gertrude Walker, Supervisor of Elections
The following is the schedule of meetings for the City of Port St. Lucie Special Election. All meetings will be held at the Supervisor of Elections Election Center, 4132 Okeechobee Road, Fort Pierce. Public inspection of sealed Vote By Mail Ballot (VBM) envelopes will occur from 7:00 am to 8:00 am at each meeting date listed below starting September 9, 2021 except for the final canvass on September 21, 2021 whereby the results will be released after 7:00 p.m. Any documents to be distributed to the Canvassing Board to review during the Canvassing Board meetings must be given to the receptionist at the Election Center.
*Monday, July 26, 2021 10:00 am - Canvassing Board Orientation*Thursday, September 2, 2021 – 7:00 am – Convene for Logic and Accuracy Pre-Test of voting equipment (101.5612, F.S.)
*Thursday, September 9, 2021 – 7:00 am – Canvass and duplication of VBM ballots.
*Tuesday, September 14, 2021 – 7:00 am – Canvass and duplication of VBM ballots.
*Saturday, September 18, 2021 – 7:00 am – Canvass and duplication of VBM ballots.
*Tuesday, September 21, 2021 – 1:00 pm – Canvass and duplication of VBM ballots. Persons wishing to inspect sealed VBM ballots must be present during the Canvassing Board meeting.
*Thursday, September 23, 2021 – 3:00 pm – Reconvene to canvass Provisional Ballots and Signature Cure, (No later than 5 pm on the 2nd day after any election 101.048 F.S).
- Saturday, September 25, 2021 – Noon – Deadline to submit 1st Unofficial Results to DOS - include the canvass of all ballots including provisional. (No later than noon of the 4th day after a General Election 102.141 F.S.)
- Sunday, October 3, 2021 – Noon - Deadline for county canvassing boards to submit Official Results to the Department of State for the General Election §102.112, F.S. – By noon on the 12th day following the election, Export File from Results Database, Public Audit begins unless manual recount undertaken pursuant to 102.166, F.S.
*Wednesday, October 6, 2021– 10:00 am - Reconvene to complete the voting system audit and for the results to be made public unless manual recount undertaken pursuant to §102.166, F.S. §101.591, F.S.; Rule 1S-5.026, F.A.C. – No later than 11:59 p.m. on the 7th day following certification of the election by the county canvassing board.
*Meeting dates are subject to change, please visit www.slcelections.com for updates to schedule.